The Digital Portable Hardness Tester is an advanced pocketable hardness tester distinguished by its high accuracy, wide measuring range, simplicity of operation & above all it is a really portable instrument operating on three pencil cells of size AA. It is suitable for testing the hardness of many materials & finds applications for hardness testing in many areas of industry.
Measuring Method:- The measuring principle is based on absorption of kinetic energy & its relation in
conventional scales of hardness. This is achieved with help of the probe, wherein a small body with a
hard tip is propelled against the test surface by a spring & latch arrangement. The motion of body is the measure of its kinetic energy. The instrument converts the signal of absorbed energy in to a chosen scale of conventional hardness.
Typical applications for hardness testing with the portable hardness taster:-
1) In-situ hardness testing of individual parts or components in assembled machine.
2) Hardness testing of mould surface of a die.
3) Hardness testing of heavy components like rolls of rolling mill or sugar industry or paper industry.
4) Hardness testing of heavy pressure vessels.
5) Hardness testing of production line of components like crank shafts, cylinder blocks.
6) Checking hardness of material in stock.
7) Hardness testing when required in failure analysis.
Functions available on the display of Indicating Instrument of the portable hardness tester:-
1) Display of hardness in various conventional scales of hardness as given in chart below for the standard probe.
2) The instrument has compensation for the angle of probe with respect to vertical while testing.
3) Immediate conversion between available conventional scales of hardness.
4) Standard deviation & average results up to nine readings can be taken.
5) The readings can be recorded & recalled for later viewing. The max capacity being 500 readings. The
readings are stored serially & the serial number being displayed. There is a batch number facility as
well to distinguish from batch to batch. The entire batch readings can be cleared or the batch
number can be reset using the specific keys.
6) The machine calibration can be done using the keyboard & there is no need of any expertise to
recalibrate the machine.
7) Serial port (RS 232) or printer port (Centronics Compatible) is available on request.
- Pay Mode Terms: T/T (Bank Transfer)
- Port of Dispatch: Mumbai
- Delivery Time: 1-4 weeks
- Packaging Details: carton